|Sr.No||Goal||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3|
|1||Creating detailed roadmap of the program with process fine-tuning||6th December 2018||6th April 2019||17th July 2019|
|2||Declaration of the program||6th December 2018||1st April 2019||17th July 2019|
|3||Outreach of the program||Till 15th December 2018||Till 15th April 2019/td>||Till 1st August 2019|
|4||Creating a web platform/ environment to track progress of each team||15th December 2018||15th April 2019||1st August 2019|
|5||Submission of proposals||By 16th January 2019||By 20th May 2019||By 1st September 2019|
|6||Pitch, review and short listing for grant support||By 28thFebruary 2019||By 1st June 2019||By 16th October 2019|
|7||Periodic mentoring support to teams||March-May 2019||June-July 2019||October-November 2019|
|8||IP/Patent Clinic boot camp for the teams||By 15th May 2019||By 15th July 2019||By 30th November 2019|
|9||Demo-day of prototypes of each short listed team after POC is ready||June 2019||August 2019||December 2019|
|10||Pre incubation/Incubation/Product Design and Testing support at SSIP Hub||July 2019 on wards||September 2019 Onwards||January 2020 on wards|
Student Open Innovation Challenge
Gujarat Government has initiated series of initiatives to support Innovators and Start-ups with an aim to nurture end to end ecosystem in the state. Education Department is making persistent efforts towards achieving the above goal and developed student start-up and innovation policy (SSIP) covering entire academia in the state. Through this policy, various flagship programs have been launched involving best innovation and start-up pedagogies from across the world. The core belief behind these programs is around the fact that,given a platform, young minds across universities are capable of applying their creative minds to become problem solver and innovators. Our previous programs like Smart Gujarat for New India Hackathon, Summer Innovation Challenge and others have showcased innovative ideas being conceived and developed by students, alumni, innovators and start-ups. To take such mission ahead, SSIP is going to launch “Student Open Innovation Challenge” which will create a unique environment across academia in the state. Through this program we are aiming to involve innovative teams in short to medium term and develop innovative solutions.
Stages of Open Innovation Challenge
- Phase-1 : Declaration and outreach across the state and country
- Phase-2 : Submission of proposals by innovators,students,start-ups
- Phase-3 : Pitching, shortlisting and selection
- Phase-4 : Minimum Viable Product design and continuous mentoring
- Phase-5 : IP/Patent Clinic boot camp
- Phase-6 : Demo dayof final prototype/innovations at state level
Note: Generally one cycle of Open Innovation challenge will take around six months to complete.
Nature of collaboration allowed to develop a final solution
- Intra institutional –multi team-single/multiple cycle
- Inter institutional-multi team- single/multiple cycle
Who can participate ?
- College category: Any current student /alumni, student innovators and start-ups as per student start-up definition of SSIP.
- School education category: Any school student
- Student Innovators and start-ups from outside Gujarat can also apply for the open innovation challenge but in such scenarios minimum 50% of team members should be from Gujarat.This is intended for promoting collaboration.
- Each team may comprise of around up to 8 team members. Teams are advised to have a faculty mentor.
Incentives to short listed teams
- Upto 2 lac seed grant for short listed teams after evaluation of their proposal by state level committee comprising of experts made for this purpose.
- Additional SSIP grant for IPR support for domestic and filing abroad
- Potential technology transfer/start-up support
- Structured mentoring to teams
- Pre incubation facility at SSIP Hub
- Access to various boot camp and guidance