SSIP 1.0 Success
The Student Startup and Innovation Policy (SSIP) 1.0 launched by the Government of Gujarat has been successful in promoting entrepreneurship and innovation among students. The policy has helped create a favorable environment for startups to grow and thrive in the state. Here are some of the key success numbers of SSIP 1.0 in Gujarat:
- Students Outreached- 1.28 Lakhs
- Startups Supported- 2317
- PoC Supported- 6966
- IPs Filed- 1384
- Universities/Institutes Grantees- 186
Overall, the SSIP 1.0 policy has been a significant success in Gujarat, and it has helped create a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship among students. The program has not only created job opportunities but has also contributed to the economic growth of the state.
The Student Startup and Innovation Policy (SSIP) 2.0 is the updated version of the SSIP 1.0 policy launched by the Government of Gujarat in January 2022. The policy period is of 5 years (January 2022 – March 2027). The aim of SSIP 2.0 is to build on the success of the previous policy and take it to the next level by providing more comprehensive support to the startups and entrepreneurs in the state.
The policy a provides funding assistance, mentorship, incubation, and accelerator support to the student startups, along with access to industry networks and global markets.
The SSIP 2.0 policy has also introduced a new concept of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (iHub), which is acting as a one-stop-solution for sector-wise startups and entrepreneurs. These hubs will provide state-of-the-art facilities, including co-working spaces, labs, and incubation centers, to the startups.
The policy aims to create an innovation-driven ecosystem in the state and develop a culture of entrepreneurship among students. It seeks to foster innovation, creativity, and collaboration among startups, industry, academia, and government.
Overall, the SSIP 2.0 policy is a step towards creating a robust startup ecosystem in Gujarat and providing a platform for young entrepreneurs to realize their dreams. It is expected to have a significant impact on the economic growth of the state by creating job opportunities, promoting innovation-led development, and attracting investments in the startup sector.
Goals and Objectives
- Outreach and sensitize 5 million students for innovation and entrepreneurship, covering at least 1000 Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) and 10,000 Schools of the State.
- Support to 10,000 student-led Proof-of-Concepts (PoCs/Prototype).
- Assistance to 5000 IP filings.
- Build capacity for at least 500 educational institutions and universities in the State, to have a robust preincubation support system for beneficiaries.
- Nurture 1000 school student-led innovations
- Groom 1500 student Start-ups and upscale existing Start-ups.
- Incubate 500 Start-up (physical and virtual).
- Support to 500 Start-up under Start-up Srujan Seed Support (Up to INR 10 Lac).
For effective implementation of the Policy, Gujarat Knowledge Society (GKS) will be the nodal agency and state PMU for the Policy. The SLAC and the PIC shall direct the state PMU and 4 PMUs for realization of Goals and Objectives of the Policy.